Recently the ACRS established the Local Government Network (LGN). The LGN is made of up members of ACRS who want to be a part of the road safety community that is focusing on road safety at the Local Government level. The newly formed LGN Committee includes:
- Chair – Melanie Suitor – Parkes, Forbes & Lachlan Shire Councils
- Deputy Chair – Kate McDougall, Eurobodalla Shire Council
- Secretary – Jaqueline Haupt, Main Roads Western Australia
- Monthly Meetings – Philip Taylor, WA Local Government Association
- Pre-Conference Workshop – Lex Stokes, Waka Kotahi (NZ Transport Agency)
- ACRS Council Liaison – David McTiernan, ARRB
Whilst most of the network members are local government road safety practitioners, members from peak insurance bodies, universities, Federal and State Government road safety and transport agencies, road owners, emergency service providers, research organisations, road safety equipment providers, transport planning, engineering, technology and logistics organisations can also join the network to support the road safety work of Local Governments.
The LGN provides exceptional opportunities to connect with progressive road safety professionals, practitioners and stakeholders. It’s a place to celebrate and share the successes you’ve had, collaborate on ideas and seek help for issues you are experiencing.
It’s the local government home for all things road safety.