The FM is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the coordination of the financial transactions, budget and reporting. This will include but not be limited to the weekly review of ACRS transactions, compiling and monitoring the annual budget, budget and financial reporting for the conference, overseeing financial controls for projects and events and compiling financial reports.
The FM position will work 0.4 FTE on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and work remotely or be based in the Canberra office in Pearce, ACT. We are a close-knit Not-for-Profit (NFP) with a small team located in Canberra and others working remotely. ACRS is going through a period of growth and is looking for staff keen to improve our systems so we can make an even bigger impact on road safety.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
- Strong analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated experience in a similar finance role.
- A working knowledge of the GST (Goods and Services Tax) and FBT (Fringe Benefits Tax) legislation.
- Ability to write clear financial reports, make recommendations and provide briefs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and accounting software (Xero or equivalent).
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workload, demonstrate initiative and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp new information, answer queries quickly and seek relevant information.
- A high degree of autonomy and a strong professional ethic of teamwork, adaptability and agility.
The following are highly regarded:
- Experience in a membership-based or not-for-profit (NFP) organisation.
- Obtained a recognised certificate/degree in a relevant field.
To apply for this role, please apply through Ethical Jobs with your resume and cover letter, addressing the Selection Criteria.
Please contact Ingrid on 0434 519 455 for more information. Applications close 12 May 2023.