The Australasian College of Road Safety is the region’s peak membership association for road safety with a vision of eliminating death and serious injury on the road. We advocate for the prevention of crashes, and a systemic approach to road safety.
Our Policy Principles underpin the position taken by the ACRS on policy in road safety. They draw inspiration from good practice in the safest countries and the safest industries, are designed to provide an overview of our fundamental values, and are the foundation of our advocacy work.
We also have Policy Position Statements which are designed to provide a concise overview of a road safety policy issue, the principles underpinning the ACRS position on that issue, and an evidence base for the recommended policy actions. The suite of policy position statements will grow over time, and each will be reviewed and updated on a 3 yearly cycle to ensure they remain current and relevant.
Wondering how you can join the ACRS as a member?
The ACRS has both Individual and Corporate members, and by becoming a member you can get access to:
- Weekly e-newsletters covering the latest news in road safety
- Quarterly editions of the Journal of Road Safety straight to your inbox
- Discounts to ACRS events such as webinars, workshops, and the annual conference
- Opportunities to network with road safety professionals from across the globe
- Eligibility for prestigious awards and fellowships
- and more!