Join WALGA RoadWise and the WA Chapter of ACRS for the introduction of LG Stars, a new tailor-made road safety ratings tool for Local Government roads.
Developed through a collaboration between WALGA’s RoadWise and the Western Australian Centre for Road Safety Research at the University of Western Australia, with funding by the Australian Government Office of Road Safety, LG Stars is designed to provide Local Governments with an easy-to-use method to assess and understand the safety standard of Local Government roads.
This event will feature:
- Nick Sloan, CEO of the WA Local Government Association (WALGA), welcoming attendees and introducing the project.
- Max Bushell, Policy Officer Road Safety and Infrastructure and Project Manager for the development of LG Stars, providing an overview of how the LG Stars tool was prepared and how it effectively addresses key barriers faced by Local Governments in assessing the safety of the local road network.
- Rob McInerney, CEO of the International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP), sharing his remarks on the use of the iRAP methodology in the LG Stars tool.
- A demonstration of the tool and associated application.
- Time for questions and comments.
For more information on the tool, please visit www.roadwise.asn.au/lgstars.
Date: Wednesday, 6 September
Time: 10.00am to 11.30am
Location: The event can be attended online or attend in person at:
WALGA – ONE, LV1, 170 Railway Parade, West Leederville, WA 6007
TO REGISTER: Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday 29 August 2023.
In-person arrivals are welcome to arrive from 9:30am to enjoy tea and coffee before the presentation. Morning tea will be provided after the event.
RSVP by Tuesday 29 August via email to email@example.com. (For catering purposes or to receive an online meeting link, please advise if you are attending online or in person.)