Melbourne – 6 June 2019
In 2017, two Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards proudly went to Australia. One was awarded to The Australasian College of Road Safety (ACRS) for Road Safety Advocacy, while the other was jointly awarded to VicRoads and Safe System Solutions Pty Ltd for their joint programme, “Making Roads motorcycle-friendly”.
In celebration of this, participants have been given the opportunity to listen and participate in a Q&A with guest speaker Johan Strandroth, the overseer of the development of Victoria’s next Road Safety Strategy. Followed by a panel session with industry leaders in Science and Road Safety, containing valuable insights into the development of Safer Roads and future Road Safety Strategy.
Meet and exchange ideas with others seeking to create better roads for our communities, gain valuable industry insights and improve your knowledge on current and future Road Safety Strategy. Ensure you attend, and be part of the change.
Road Safety Vision Zero: The Science and the Technology
Johan Strandroth is a civil engineer from Sweden with a Master and PhD in Machine and Vehicle Safety Systems. Before moving to Victoria, he worked as a senior road safety adviser and researcher with the Swedish Transport Administration. Methodologies developed in his research make up the foundation of the analytical framework and target management system for Sweden’s road safety strategy.
In Victoria, Johan has been the Safe System Lead-in VicRoads and TAC’s Safe System Road Infrastructure Program and holds the position of Project Director at the Department of Transport, overseeing the development of Victoria’s next Road Safety Strategy.
- The Royal Society of Victoria
- 8 La Trobe Street
- Melbourne, VIC 3000
- 3:30 – Afternoon tea
- 4:00 – Welcome by RSV Representative
- 4:05 – Welcome by VicRoads Representative
- 4:10 – Welcome by ACRS Representative
- 4:20 – Keynote Talk by Johan Strandroth – Road Safety – Vision Zero: The Science and the Technology
- 5:05 – Panel Session and facilitated forum – Facilitator: Kenn Beer & Panellists: Johan Strandroth, Marilyn
- Johnson, Dave Shelton, Max Lay and Samantha Cockfield
- 6:00 – Cocktail party
- Registration fee $50 – (includes afternoon tea and cocktail party)
- Complimentary attendance for ACRS members & Prince Michael Award certificate holders (registration essential).