In recognition of Road Safety Week, the Australasian College of Road Safety (ACRS) invites you to join your fellow road safety professionals for breakfast and presentations focused on “Creating Safe Urban Environments“.
A panel of experts will present their perspectives on how we can make urban streets safer for all road users. What challenges do we need to overcome to reach zero deaths and serious injuries in our cities and towns? How do we tackle unsafe speeds and design urban environments that are safe and liveable?
- Bryan Sherritt (Executive General Manager Safety, Auckland Transport) – Vision Zero and Auckland’s Speed Management Plan: Implementation of Tranche 1 and planning for Tranche 2.
- Hamish Mackie (Director, Mackie Research & Consulting) – Understanding how people work: key principles for designing safe and user-friendly streets.
- Jeanette Ward (Technical Director, Abley) – The art of low speed street design: permanent and transitional design features that can be used to achieve low speeds.
You are welcome to attend the breakfast events in Auckland or Christchurch, or join us online. Links to register below:
- Christchurch breakfast, Abley, 137 Victoria Street (7:45am start)
- Auckland breakfast, Abley, Level 1 70 Shortland Street (7:45am start)
- Online (8:15am start)
Tickets for the breakfasts are strictly limited, so book your spot asap! You are welcome to share this invitation with your road safety colleagues who may be interested in attending also.
We hope to see you there!