The National Road Safety Strategy (NRSS) 2021-30, released in December 2021, sets out Australia’s road safety objectives over the next decade. While the accompanying National Road Safety Action Plan is still being formulated, now is a good time to examine the NRSS and the opportunity it brings to refocus the way we think about road transport – from how fast we get there, to how safely we get there.
Join an esteemed panel of road safety sector experts as we explore the National Road Safety Strategy and what opportunities it brings to the various road safety sectors including Local Government, Engineering, Business, Enforcement, and Health.
Our panelists include:
• Joanne Wilson-Ridley, Road Safety Officer, Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council
• David McTiernan, National Leader Transport Safety (Infrastructure Safety Performance), ARRB
• Liz Waller, Head of Road Safety, Transurban
• Mick Timms, Road Safety Advisor, RTS Zero, Retired NSW Police Officer
• Shaun Lennard, Chair, Australian Motorcycle Council
• Prof. Richard Franklin, Professor in Public Health, and Director for the World Safety Organization Collaborating Centre – Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion, James Cook University
Facilitator will be Professor Narelle Haworth
Attendance is free; however, registration is required.