ACRS is dedicated to informing our members and the public about the progress and results we have achieved.
Our 2020 Annual Report is now available to read and download!
We focused our input on Australia’s national strategy on a small number of major policy issues, equally able to be applied in New Zealand, and almost universally important across all countries. The 2020 Annual Report includes chapters reports, membership statistics, and other relevant information.
• Ministers’ 2050 vision for the elimination of fatalities on the road extended to serious injuries
• 2030 targets to reduce fatal and serious injuries by 50%
• Publication in easily consumable form for the public of infrastructure safety star ratings for all road users
• Safety investment plans and budgets to achieve targeted improvements in safety star ratings
• National Regulatory Impact Statement for lowering the speed limits for urban roads and for rural roads
• Keep pace with European vehicle safety regulation that encourages evidence-based driver-assistive technologies.