Information for Early Childhood and Primary Students
A number of road safety organisations have web sites for children’s road safety education. Some of these sites are listed below.
- SOLUTIONQUEST – products aimed primarily at bringing road safety awareness to young UK children and teenagers with some free resources
- ‘Dream Street’ an entertaining United Kingdom road safety program for kindergarten and lower primary children
- Safe School Travel – Queensland Transport Safety programs for children.
- ‘Hedgehogs’ – a United Kingdom Department for Transport road safety website with many resources for children.
- ‘Road Aware Program’ a website of the Western Australian Department of Education and Training.
- School/Parent/Child Road Safety Agreement
- UK primary school road safety teaching resources
- Coffs Harbour City Council road safety teaching aids
- Safe Routes to School program SA
- Early childhood road safety education
- RTA NSW
- Kidsafe NSW
- RTA NSW about child restraints
- Children’s Activities for Road Safety
This organisation has a number of informative and colourful poster type documents available from its web site. They include
Children in cars
http://www.kidsafensw.org/docs/hot%20cars%20English.pdf – available in several languages
Children under five
Children – general road safety
Children in traffic
http://www.kidsafensw.org/docs/Kids%20need%20a%20hand%20DL%20.pdf – available in several languages