2012 Decade of Action/NRSS 1st Anniversary Forum
On Friday 11 May 2012, the Australasian College of Road Safety and the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) held a Canberra-based forum to bring together key agencies and individuals making a difference to road safety in the international, national and local spheres Particular emphasis was placed on relating achievements throughout the first year of the Decade of Action for Road Safety and Australia’s National Road Safety Strategy (NRSS) – both running from 2011-2020.
Speakers included the Hon. Catherine King, Parliamentary Secretary for Infrastructure and Transport and Dr Soames Job, Executive Director of the National Road Safety Council.
The Agenda can be downloaded here.
Photos from the day
The ACRS Summary can be viewed here.
The ACRS/ARRB Communique will be available shortly.
Catherine King MP Address:
- Media Release – Road Deaths Continue to Fall – 11 May 2012
- Media Release – Improving International Road Safety – 11 May 2012
- Speech – 1st Anniversary Forum UN Decade of Action for Road Safety – 11 May 2012
Road Safety Management
- Eric Howard (independent consultant) - Global road safety management
- Soames Job (National Road Safety Council) - National road safety management
Locally based organisation updates (lunchtime presentations)
- Lauchlan McIntosh (Australasian College of Road Safety)- ACRS
- Andrew McKellar (Australian Automobile Association) – AAA
- Phil Allen (Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries) - FCAI
- Geoff Davidson (ACT Government)
- Sergeant Rod Anderson (ACT Policing)
- Eric Chalmers (Kidsafe ACT)
Australian assistance in the region internationally